Wednesday 27 August 2008

Tag - You're It

Apparently I’ve been tagged not once, not twice, but three times. I wasn’t too sure what this entailed but after conducting a modicum of research it appears that I have to share six ‘random’ facts about myself and then pass on the meme to a further six bloggers.

My tags came from Kian (Red Cook, blog par excellence), Tom (Under the Tamarind Trees, wonderful Cambodian cusine blog) and Selina (Let’s Chow, another awesome blogger who was kind enough to bestow the ‘Brilliante Blog Award’ upon me as well)



So, here are six Me shaped factoids

1. If I drink coffee after midday, I end up suffering from crippling insomnia, no matter what time I go to bed.
2. I can’t abide the excessive and unnecessary use of the word ‘literally’ when used in the wrong context - as a lazy verbal quantifier. Ditto the word ‘random’. There are very few things that are truly random. The appearance of quarks in a vacuum, perhaps. The photos from your camera phone are not ‘random’.
3. I have an irrational fear of rollercoasters.
4. I am very, very good at procrastinating.5. I developed a crush on She-Ra at the age of four.
6. I have listened to Pulp’s Different Class album more than any other album in my collection.

Urban Pilgrim
Dave’s Cupboard
The Left Over Queen
Gild the Voodoolily
The Student Stomach
And Foodycat, consider yourself tagged. Oh, and help yourself to an award while you're at it.

5 comments:

Dave said...

"There are very few things that are truly random. The appearance of quarks in a vacuum, perhaps. The photos from your camera phone are not ‘random’."

How about six facts about yourself? Did you choose them randomly? Heh heh.

Heather said...

The liberal (and incorrect) application of the word 'literally' is what makes it hard for me to watch Jamie Oliver. I literally want to punch him in his puffy maw when I hear it.

Thanks for the holla, Alex!

Kian said...

Some photos from my camera phone are indeed random. I find lots of floor, pocket and sky pictures in it. I swear I never took them. Literally!

Just Cook It said...

dave - They were carefully chosen over many tortured hours of thinking, certainly not random!

heather - ha ha ha ha. With you 100% on that one.

kian - OK, OK, maybe the occasional random photo makes it onto a camera phone. You got me!

Anonymous said...

I literally cannot believe how random it was for you to literally use the word random.

That's literally Ironic.

Man, I am a prick.