Tuesday 8 July 2008

Holiday time

The wonders of the East are beckoning, softly calling in hushed and gentle tones. In a few short hours I will be stepping out of the cool capsule of an aircraft and into the oppressive humidity of Bangkok. And I cannot wait.

Consequently, this is likely to be my last post for a while. I may try to jot down a couple of lines whilst I am there but I shall not be making any promises.

I should also mention a very worthy blogging event going on here, at A Merrier World. I will be writing a last minute entry as soon as I am once again ensconced in the warm bosom of home, two long weeks from now.

In order to keep this little entry vaguely food related, we had some really good mackerel not long ago. It was bought only hours old in sight of the ocean that had a short time ago been the fishes’ home. It was cooked in the simplest fashion possible over the barbecue and adorned with nothing more than a few sprigs of rosemary and a squeeze of lemon juice. The taste was made all the more satisfying thanks to the knowledge of its provenance and guaranteed freshness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're having - or had - a wonderful time!

Just Cook It said...

Thanks! It was just incredible. I hope I manage to do it justice on the blog.